Fund Track International is a platform in which athletes internationally can allocate funds from friends, family, and the general public – by receiving small amounts of money from a large group of people. Each campaign has a separate public page, funding amount, and deadline.
The funding amount is the minimum amount of money that a campaign needs in order to make it happen. Deadlines are set by the campaign creator and can be as long as 60 days. According to the Fund Track Int’l team, shorter campaigns tend to be more successful than longer campaigns. The number of days remaining in a campaign is displayed on each campaign badge.
The campaign badge provides all the information about the campaign. This usually includes a written description and a video. During the campaign, a creator can post updates about how the campaign is going. These updates can be for the general public or just for the people who have already donated to the campaign.
CREATING YOUR CAMPAIGN
DEVELOPING YOUR PITCH
- Make it as clear as possible. Who are you and what are you raising money for? How exactly will the money be utilized? How can others support you?
- Make your story authentic and express the passion you have for your campaign. Present your campaign in a way that it inspires people to want to support you. Put yourself in the shoes of your target audience.
- Ask a few friends to proofread your pitch.
SETTING YOUR GOAL
All-Or-Nothing: You only keep your allocated funds if you reach your campaign goal by the deadline you set before launching. If you are unsuccessful, the funds that your donors donated will be refunded back to them.
Keep It All: You keep all of your allocated funds, even if you don’t reach your campaign goal by your campaign’s deadline.
- Make sure your goal is realistic. Everyone is not as generous as you’d like to believe. You must convince your potential contributors why your campaign deserves their support.
- It is suggested that you raise at least 30% from within your own network (friends/family/etc).
– Think about this: At a party, no one wants to be the first on the dance floor dancing. Similarly, no one wants to be the first to donate. Strangers will want to see some traction to get excited about your campaign.
- Setting a lower, more realistic funding goal can often mean you’ll raise more money in the end than setting a lofty goal. People want to be part of successful campaigns; generally they don’t stop funding once a goal has been reached.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOUR CAMPAIGN BE?
Longer campaigns don’t necessarily mean you’ll raise more money. The longer the campaign, the harder it is to build a sense of urgency and maintain fundraising momentum.
- 30 Day Long campaigns are the most successful.
- Make sure to leave 2 weeks between the end of your campaign and date you need your funds.
BUILDING YOUR CAMPAIGN
YOUR PITCH VIDEO
- Make a short video (1-3 minutes in length) that expresses your goals and intentions.
- You should be the main focus of the video – makes it more personal.
- Consider using music – helps set a tone for the video and the campaign.
- Make sure the video is clear and concise – use visuals and make sure it’s audible.
- Don’t just ask for money; ask for continued support
- End with a clear call to action.
- Do your homework! Research what successful campaigns did and did not do!
- Put the most important information first.
- Tell a story – but don’t make it too long (consider people’s time and attention spans).
- Explain exactly why you are fundraising.
- Tell us a bit about yourself.
- Build trust with a breakdown of your budget.
- Spelling and grammar are important. Proofread!
- Break long text into sections with headings.
- Make it visual – include images in your pitch.
SMALL CAMPAIGN IMAGE
- Make sure your image is relevant to your campaign and visually interesting!
- This is your campaign’s most visible image – people should be compelled to click on it.
MAKE IT HAPPEN
- Take action and make it happen! There are people out there wanting to support you! Find them.
How does it work?
Fund Track International empowers athletes in the sport of athletics worldwide to raise money online to help support their athletic careers. In less than a minute, you’ll be able to personalize your fundraising campaign and share it with friends, family, and the general public. Fund Track Int’l provides you with an innovative avenue to raise funds to help take your career as far as further.
What Can I Raise Money For?
Most athletes, coaches, and fans raise money for their own personal causes. They allocate finances to help cover things such as traveling expenses, lodging, massage therapists, hosting events, etc…the possibilities are absolutely limitless!
Is it safe?
Your donation page features the very best in secure payment encryption technology. Not only are your donors’ online payments safe, your money is stored securely until your campaign is successfully completed.
How do I get my money?
Once your fundraising campaign ends you will receive an email requesting that you accept your allocated funds. If you don’t already have a Paypal account, simply create one and collect your funds. For faster collection, it is suggested that you create a PayPal account soon after your create your campaign. The process is very simple.
Can I raise money for a friend?
Absolutely. In fact, many campaigns are managed by a friend or loved-one on behalf of the recipient. Only, get permission for the person that you’re raising money for.
Does it cost anything?
While it’s free to create and share your online fundraising campaign, will deduct a 5% fee from each allocate donation (Keep It All campaigns only), after PayPal deductions (PayPal fee is 2.9% + 0.30). On “All-or-Nothing” campaigns, a 5% fee on the overall successful campaign will be deducted after the campaign’s completion. If the all-or-nothing campaign is unsuccessful, the donors will be refunded their money.
Do my donors get charged?
No, never. Other sites might charge your donors without you knowing it, but we would never do that. Donors are charged only the amount they choose to donate to you and that’s it.
What if I don’t reach my goal?
If you campaign isn’t successful, you don’t receive any funds (All-or-Nothing campaing only). The donors’ donations will be refunded. If you select the “Keep It All” campaign, you will receive your allocated donations.
Note: Don’t be greedy. Only ask for what you truly need.
What if I’m not comfortable sharing this with friends & family?
Sharing your campaign with friends and family is a part of what makes work so well. Not only will the people in your life support your campaign, but they will also help spread the word to their friends as well. Fund Track Int’l users should not expect to receive support from strangers.